December 31, 2011 Adventure 5 Comments 17,095 Views

Wanderlust: Travel Movies That Will Make You Want To Hit The Road.

The Christmas Holidays are that time of the year, when everything stands still; the streets are empty, the phone doesn’t ring for days and nobody feels bad about doing absolutely nothing. But … it’s also a time to think about all sorts of stuff.

I tried to spend my time wisely, and I think I managed all right: I tough about a way to get out of the daily 9 to 5 routine. It won’t take much longer, and then I’m off exploring foreign countries again. 2012 is going to be a good year – I can feel it. I usually don’t make any New Year’s resolutions but this year is different: In 2012, I want to quit my job (due to money issues, this part has to wait until mid 2013), travel, shoot tons of photos & start our project “Make People See” and “Lets Travel Somewhere”.

Until then, I enjoy watching inspiring movies (documentaries will be featured in another post) that bring out the wanderlust in me. And now I’d like to share these with you.

Happy New Year everyone!

North America:
  • Into the Wild (United States)

  • Frida (Mexico)

  • The Shipping News (Newfoundland)

  • Blue Crush (United States – Hawaii)

  • Brokeback Mountain (United States)

  • Six Days Seven Nights (United States – Hawaii)

South & Central America:
  • The Mission (Brazil)

  • The Motorcycle Diaries (Peru)

  • The Art of Travel (Central America – Thanks Kaushal for the input)

  • Love in the Time of Cholera (Columbia)

  • Under the Tuscan Sun (Italy)

  • Death in Venice (Italy)

  • Sound of Music (Austria)

  • The Queen (Great Britain & Scotland)

  • Vicky Christina Barcelona (Spain)

  • A Good Year (France)

  • Midnight in Paris (France)

  • Braveheart (Scotland)

  • Cairo Time (Egypt)

  • Gorillas in the Mist: The Story of Dian Fossey (Rwanda)

  • Tears of the Sun (Nigeria)

  • Out of Africa (Kenya)

  • The English Patient (Tunisia)

  • The Beach (Thailand)

  • The Painted Veil (China)

  • Eat Pray Love (India, Indonesia)

  • Das Dschungelkind (A German movie filmed in Papua New Guinea)

  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (China)

  • Seven Years in Tibet (Tibet)

  • The Darjeeling Limited (India)

  • Memoirs of a Geisha (Japan)

  • Kundun (Tibet)

  • The Last Samurai (Japan)

  • Lawrence of Arabia (Thanks Ines for the input)

  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (India)

  • Salmon Fishing In The Yemen (Yemen & Scotland)

  • The Children of Huang Shi (China)

  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (New Zealand)

  • Cast Away (Fiji)

And what are your favorite wanderlust movies?

Appreciate this Story?

Go tell your friends by sharing or tweeting it.

This Story is Tagged With:


Join the Discussion

“Wanderlust: Travel Movies That Will Make You Want To Hit The Road.”

  1. Great movie selection- I’ve roughly seen 85% of them, so maybe 2012 is the time for the remaining 15%.
    Happy new year, happy travelling.

  2. Brilliant compilation! Might i also suggest “The Art of Travel” under South America?
    Big fan of your photography by the way :) Travel on, and Happy New Year to both of you!

  3. Wow, inspiring list, with lots of great must-see travel movies. Now I have something to do in 2012! I can also suggest “Lawrence of Arabia”. Happy New Year!

  4. Nisa

    @Kaushal: Glad you like our photography & thanks for your lovely words. I don’t know “The Art of Travel” but I’ll have a look at it asap. All the best to you!
    @ppd: Totally forgot “Lawrence of Arabia” – thanks I’ll add it to the list :D

Leave a Comment