Wanderlust: Travel Movies That Will Make You Want To Hit The Road.
The Christmas Holidays are that time of the year, when everything stands still; the streets are empty, the phone doesn’t ring for days and nobody feels bad about doing absolutely nothing. But … it’s also a time to think about all sorts of stuff.
I tried to spend my time wisely, and I think I managed all right: I tough about a way to get out of the daily 9 to 5 routine. It won’t take much longer, and then I’m off exploring foreign countries again. 2012 is going to be a good year – I can feel it. I usually don’t make any New Year’s resolutions but this year is different: In 2012, I want to quit my job (due to money issues, this part has to wait until mid 2013), travel, shoot tons of photos & start our project “Make People See” and “Lets Travel Somewhere”.
Until then, I enjoy watching inspiring movies (documentaries will be featured in another post) that bring out the wanderlust in me. And now I’d like to share these with you.
Happy New Year everyone!
- Into the Wild (United States)
- Frida (Mexico)
- The Shipping News (Newfoundland)
- Blue Crush (United States – Hawaii)
- Brokeback Mountain (United States)
- Six Days Seven Nights (United States – Hawaii)
South & Central America:
- The Mission (Brazil)
- The Motorcycle Diaries (Peru)
- The Art of Travel (Central America – Thanks Kaushal for the input)
- Love in the Time of Cholera (Columbia)
- Under the Tuscan Sun (Italy)
- Death in Venice (Italy)
- Sound of Music (Austria)
- The Queen (Great Britain & Scotland)
- Vicky Christina Barcelona (Spain)
- A Good Year (France)
- Midnight in Paris (France)
- Braveheart (Scotland)
- Cairo Time (Egypt)
- Gorillas in the Mist: The Story of Dian Fossey (Rwanda)
- Tears of the Sun (Nigeria)
- Out of Africa (Kenya)
- The English Patient (Tunisia)
- The Beach (Thailand)
- The Painted Veil (China)
- Eat Pray Love (India, Indonesia)
- Das Dschungelkind (A German movie filmed in Papua New Guinea)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (China)
- Seven Years in Tibet (Tibet)
- The Darjeeling Limited (India)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (Japan)
- Kundun (Tibet)
- The Last Samurai (Japan)
- Lawrence of Arabia (Thanks Ines for the input)
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (India)
- Salmon Fishing In The Yemen (Yemen & Scotland)
- The Children of Huang Shi (China)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (New Zealand)
- Cast Away (Fiji)
And what are your favorite wanderlust movies?